CONTINUUM™ is a computerized clinical decision support system (CDSS). CONTINUUM provides the entire treatment team with a computer-guided, standardized interview for assessing patients with substance use disorders and co-occurring conditions. CONTINUUM aids clinicians in conducting a full biopsychosocial assessment that addresses all six dimensions of the ASAM Criteria. The decision engine uses research-quality questions (including tools such as the ASI (Addiction Severity Index), CIWA (Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment) and CINA (Clinical Institute Narcotic Assessment) instruments to generate a comprehensive patient report which includes a recommended level of care determination.
With CONTINUUM, clinicians can easily:
- Conduct a comprehensive biopsychosocial patient risk and needs assessment along all six ASAM Criteria Dimensions
- Determine the ASAM Criteria Level of Care recommendation, including continued stay and transfer recommendations
- Obtain ASI Severity Subscale Composite Scores: Medical, Alcohol, Drug, Psychological, Employment, Family/Social and Legal
- Complete CIWA and CINA assessments for withdrawal
- Speed up and successfully obtain managed care prior authorizations
- See the ROI: better for patients, better for providers